The ELITE is pleased to offer the SilverSneakers Program - a fun, energizing program that helps older adults take greater control of their health by encouraging physical activity and offering social events. Silver Sneakers offers an innovative blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyles, and socially oriented programming that allows older adults to take greater control of their health.
The award-winning Silver Sneakers Fitness Program is a proven, results-oriented program that enables older adults, often burdened with chronic conditions, to take charge of their health and maintain an active, independent lifestyle. In addition to classes, you may be able to qualify for a free membership with Silver Sneakers. Adults with Medicare and either Humana or Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield are eligible to participate. Those that do not have the supplemental Medicare coverage, can pay a very small fee and join any of our classes discussed below.
What is the Silver Sneakers Fitness Program?
Unlock the door to greater independence and a healthier life with SilverSneakers. This great benefit includes:
- access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, sauna and other available amenities
- customized SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance, and endurance
- health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- a specially trained Program AdvisorSM at the ELITE Sports Center to introduce you to Silver Sneakers and help you get started
- member-only access to online support that can help you lose weight, quit smoking or reduce your stress.
The ELITE offers these classes:
Yoga Stretch- Yoga Stretch will move your whole body through a complete series of seated and standing Yoga poses. Chair support is offered to safely perform a variety of postures designed to increase flexibility, balance, and range of motion. Restorative breathing exercises and a final relaxation will promote stress reduction and mental clarity.
Muscular Strength & Range of Movement- Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activity for daily living skills. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a ball are offered for resistance; and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support.
It is easy to enroll in Silver Sneakers!
Simply take your SilverSneakers Member ID card to the ELITE Sports Center. No Silver Sneakers card? Bring your health plan ID card with you to tour the location and to see all the amenities you’ll enjoy as a SilverSneakers member.
For more information and to see if you qualify for a free membership, you can call us at 304 485-8433 or visit our website at: